When should you come in following an injury or auto accident? As soon as possible! The longer you wait to seek treatment, the more prolonged the recovery process is likely to be.
What if you didn’t suffer any broken bones or serious injury? Research shows that even low impact accidents at speeds as low as 5 mph can cause bodily injury……and you may not even recognize it at the time. When over a ton of steel and glass slam into you, you are very likely going to be hurt. The only question is how MUCH you’re hurt not IF you’re hurt.
Important: Do not sign or settle anything with an insurance company until you have consulted with an auto accident injury specialist like Dr. Larsen. If you settle before your injury is fully resolved you will risk having to pay out of pocket for your care.
“Facts to know about auto injuries and whiplash treatments”
• If you live in Minnesota and are injured in a car accident you are protected by what is called Minnesota no-fault insurance. This means that anyone injured in a car accident can get the treatment that they need with absolutely no cost out of his or her pocket. It doesn’t matter if you were the driver or passenger. I doesn’t matter if the accident was your fault or not.
• You can see Dr. Larsen without a referral.
• It is illegal for your insurance company to raise your rates if someone hits you.
• If you are injured in a car accident your Minnesota auto insurance pays up to $20,000 in medical expenses.
• If the other driver is uninsured you still have medical coverage.
• If you are injured in a car accident in Minnesota you are able to see any doctor, anytime up to 12 months from the date of the accident with no cost to YOU!
• The pain caused by an accident may not show up for days and even weeks after the accident.
• If you are injured the insurance company may even owe you money from missed work, pain and suffering, and mileage to and from appointments.
• About 3 million car accident victims are inflicted with whiplash and 1/3 of these result in chronic pain.
• 93% of people suffering from whiplash improve with chiropractic care.
• Whiplash injuries may take 5-6 months to stabilize
• Just like a broken nose, if your spine heals wrong it will never be the same.
• About 75% of injuries from car accidents occur at speeds below 12 mph.
• There is no relationship between car damage and a person’s pain. Pain can be present without car damage!
• Pain is a signal that your body needs help. Taking pain medication will simply cover up the signal.
• Improper healing can lead to arthritis and chronic pain.
Why should you come and see us to get a check-up after your accident?
Chiropractic care is exceptional in the treatment of soft tissue injuries, especially of the spine. Since the most common injuries associated with motor vehicle accidents are sprains and strains of the spinal muscles and ligaments, it’s only natural that chiropractic be the treatment of choice.
For over 20 years Dr. Larsen has been successfully treating whiplash and soft tissue along with ligament injuries sustained in car accidents. Most doctors are not trained in the detection of these hidden injuries. If you are injured in a car accident you are entitled to receive care to get back to the way you felt and functioned just before the accident. However, once you settle your case, you lose the right to have your insurance company pay for treatment you need.
Even if you are just sore you should be evaluated as soon as possible because you may experience pain, numbness, headaches, muscle stiffness, fatigue and other problems including arthritis many months after the accident. Chiropractic treatment of whiplash injuries gently realigns the spine and helps regain muscle strength and flexibility.
Motion X-Rays and MRIs are visually-oriented diagnostic procedures which help us to excel in the accident injury area. Motion X-Ray is fast becoming part of the gold standard in dealing with whiplash-related incidents such as ligament stretches and tears among other symptoms. Being a Knowledgeable Injury Practitioner gives Dr. Larsen an edge in providing care guided by the use of such technology.
Call for Auto Injury Relief at 651-439-2712.